Oct 15, 2008

Prep, Prep, Prep

Posted by AJ Blythe at Wednesday, October 15, 2008
As the title suggests I have been frantically preparing for NaNoWriMo. So far this has entailed rereading my notes from the Harlequin Book Writing Guide and stocking up on pens and paper. While I type my story on my laptop, I really need a stock of paper and pens as it is on paper that the real work occurs. I scrawl notes, draw arrows linking ideas, scribble dialogue as it pops into my head if it is for a different part of the story. I keep notes on my research, take notes on sections already typed up that need to be revisited or checked for consistency. I love being able to spread my papers out and see the big picture which a tiny little screen just can't do. When I am writing my mind is going at a million miles an hour, and often much faster then my fingers will type, but I can scrawl in my own abbreviated writing style and not let a single idea slip by. So this week I am planning on reading a few Harlequin Sweet to help me stay on track for the line my NaNo ms is going to target. I have been reading all sorts of things of late and don't want my focus to stray. I am also going to do some characterisation prep and try to write a sentence or 2 highlighting the conflict for each chapter. Again this is to help keep me focussed when writing under the pressure of NaNo.

3 comments:

Sandie Hudson on October 15, 2008 at 6:19 PM said...

Looking good Ellanora, readig is the genre you're aiming at is always a good think to do. Congrats on the new blog.

Sandie

Diane on October 15, 2008 at 7:52 PM said...

how do you manage to get your scribblings keep up with your thoughts? i need to learn your brand of shorthand because I never can.

Monique Wood on October 16, 2008 at 9:24 AM said...

Nice new blog! I think Neomi Quinn might need to get herself one. He he he he!

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare