Feb 17, 2009
Feb 10, 2009
- First Kiss - I am entering the RWAustralia First Kiss competition so that has meant rewriting and rewriting my entry. It is now all a blur. I'm not even sure what I think about it anymore.
- I have signed up for Bootcamp 109 (woohoo) where I get to interact with some absolutely fab authors, learn amazing things and become part of what will hopefully be a great support group. Of course this means lots of work, work, work. Our starter packs have arrived and our pre-bootcamp homework issued. I switch between sheer excitement and absolute terror.
- I've been critiquing like crazy, helping my fab CP with her ms to make her deadline (which she is going to do!!! So stop reading my blog and get to it, lol), plus a few others with various chapters. I have to be careful of my subconscious during this as during the process I question whether I can really write as I compare my work with others and I wonder at my ability to offer meaningful suggestions.
- In between times I have been trying to progress my own ms, which is rapidly falling behind. My First Kiss entry (see above) is from this ms, so I have to remember while new words may not have appeared, some has been polished until it shines.
- Finally, my big goal is to enter the Valerie Parv competition, which I realised today is only 6 weeks away. Oh my gosh! Of course, this isn't helped by the fact i have decided to add in a new chapter 3, pushing all current chapters back. The comp requires ch1-3 of course, lol.
- On top of this, naturally, is everything else that falls into 'life'. You know, family, friends, housework.
Everything is making me so squished and squashed, I'm amazed my weight isn't falling off (another New Year's goal, but we won't go there). But I know that I will come out the other end of February with new friends, new skills and hopefully close to a new ms.