May 3, 2009

Arabian Nights Cocktail Party

Posted by AJ Blythe at Sunday, May 03, 2009
The Arabian Nights-themed cocktail party sounds like it will be a whole lot of fun. There are so many options when it comes to Arabian Nights. There's a big range of costumes - something to suit everyone. But I wonder how much will be read into the costume you choose? What does your costume say about you?

The Oil Sheik
Powerful, confident, intelligent
Costume - nice and toasty warm, can let it all hang out, not flattering, masculine, mascara moustache makes make-up easy






The Belly Dancer/I Dream of Jeannie
Extroverted, fun, sensual
Costume - freezing cold, have to suck that tummy in, traditionally supposed to be flatter female form, feminine, can bling it up











Sinbad's Arabian Nights
Charismatic, brave, adventurer
Costume - warm, designed to hold your tummy in, masculine, bad hair day can be hidden with the hat




Palm Tree
Any of: Disorganised, antisocial, introverted/extroverted, fun, different
Costume - toasty warm (I mean you could be wearing anything under that), hides a multitude of sins, unique

Me, I'm going for a feminine look, but not one that exposes any bits of me that really shouldn't be seen, something between a very traditional arabian dress and the belly dancer.

So what are you wearing to the cocktail party?

4 comments:

Serena on May 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

Hi Anita,
I like that you've added comments to the suggestions - especially what's flattering :) I hope to make it to Brisy - but I though it would be hot so we'd be better off wearing cooler clothing? At this stage I haven't thought much about what to wear as it's still up in the air (unless I win tatts??) So it could be a teatowel and a Kaftan or graduation gown? :)

Hugs
Serena
xx

Serena on May 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

BTW LOL at the palm tree :)))

Anita Joy on May 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM said...

Hi Serena, I'm in Brisy and that week of the conference is "usually" when the weather starts to turn, so warmer days, but the nights can still be cold - depending where you are from. All realtive I guess *vbg*

Monique Wood on May 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM said...

Oh Anita, I didn't think of a palm tree! Lol. How funny would that be?There's also a camel...

I have a covered up, jeannie-type costume (without the sexiness) so it's more Arabian-inspired, rather than actual Arabian. I'm going to be freezing my bits off regardless.

Serena, you have to be there in your tea towel kaftan/grad gown ensemble!!! Lol. I hope we get to meet you there!

:-) Mon

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare