May 6, 2009

Awards Dinner

Posted by AJ Blythe at Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Last, but certainly not least, in my series of blogs about the RWAust Conference and what (not) to wear, is the awards dinner.

I saved this one until last as it is the only event for which I have absolutely no idea what the dress code is!! I would guess probably not formal wear (which is a shame, because that I could do). But just how dressy, or informal, is the night?

Please, if you can cast any light on this matter I would love to hear from you.

Not really knowing where to turn to hunt down an outfit for the dinner, I turned to the experts - the desginers at the Paris Fashion Show Fall-Winter 2009.

So ladies, according to them, I guess this is what we should be wearing:
Alexander Wang



Dolce & Gabbana



Donna Karan




Ralph Lauren





As for what I'm wearing... I've no idea! My wonderful CP has offered to Trinny and Susannah my wardrobe, so I guess I'll work it out the day before. Aack.

4 comments:

Shayne Collier on May 6, 2009 at 8:38 PM said...

Hi Anita,
I will be wearing an exclusive Vinnies/Salvos combo to the Arabian Knights gathering, but Saturday night is more of a problem.

Is it really formal? Or does it really matter what you wear - unless you're a winner?

Whatever, I'm sure you'll look stunning.

Shayne

Anita Joy on May 6, 2009 at 9:48 PM said...

Thanks Shayne, but I dunno about stunning - stunned maybe lol.

I really don't know what the dress is. Hopefully we'll get more info closer to the conference?

Love that you have an 'exclusive' outfit for the cocktail party. I'm attempting to create something myself. If nothing else should be good for a giggle.

Monique Wood on May 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM said...

Are those women in the first pics wearing their bras as 'outer wear'?!?!?!

Um, I think a simple skirt and dressy shirt will do. That's what I'm planning on wearing. A pair of nice heels and a jacket will finish it off. Nothing too flash or over the top, but elegant and simple.

Anita Joy on May 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM said...

And they call it fashion Mon, lol.

So organised!! Your outfit sounds lovely. Simiple but elegant.

At least I have some time up my sleeve still, lol.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare