Jun 1, 2009

Conference Pitch... or Not

Posted by AJ Blythe at Monday, June 01, 2009


Finish writing my M&B Sweet and pitch it at the RWAust August conference. Goal #1.

One of my two writing goals for the year. For those of you who have been following my blog you might remember I have 2 major goals for 2009 - plus 8 other goals that are really a mini-action plan to help me achieve my 2 big goals.

But, a spanner in the works. Harlequin aren't actually attending RWAust's annual conference (a scenario that hadn't even occurred to me, duh). This makes it hard to meet my first goal. Or does it?

Well, the fabulous organising committee for the conference is trying to organise to get our mss in front of an editor for assessment. Gulp. With no details what does this mean? And will I need to have my ms ready before August? I have a mental timetable to have my ms polished in time... and of course the timeline fits in with the August conference.

So. This is how I've decided to look at it. If my ms gets assessed by an editor, I've still achieved essentially what pitching would have achieved. With no pitch to stress over in August, I can kick up my heels from the get go and truly enjoy my first conference.

There is always a silver lining.

4 comments:

Nicky on June 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM said...

I'm glad you've been able to find the silver lining in what has to be a rollercoaster of an experience.

Good luck & look forward to meeting you in August.

Anita Joy on June 2, 2009 at 7:03 PM said...

Thanks Nicky. Can't wait to get to the conference. It's going to be a blast!!

Natasha on June 5, 2009 at 11:36 AM said...

Good luck with that Anita...

Exciting that is.

Anita Joy on June 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM said...

Thanks Natasha. I'm sure I'll be excited eventaully. Just now, sheer terror is really all I'm feeling, lol.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare