May 2, 2009

What (not) to wear?

Posted by AJ Blythe at Saturday, May 02, 2009
NO
YES


Now, I know the RWAust conference isn't until August, but the year is flying by, and I need to be prepared. So the all important question is: What (not) to wear?

I mean, there are so many decisions to be made, so many changes of clothes. If I've worked it out correctly here is the list, each requiring a different outfit:

E-list dinner
Conference day
Conference day
Conference + pitch day
Fancy dress cocktail party
Awards dinner

Please tell me there are others of you out there panicking at the thought of looking polished and professional THAT many times. Excluding the cocktail party of course. No-one looks polished and professional dressed in costume. At least, I hope not.


So, follow my blog this week as I discuss what (not) to wear. Please feel free to comment, advise, ridicule or praise as I toss around ideas. And I hope that come August, we will all look fantastic.

5 comments:

Monique Wood on May 3, 2009 at 8:09 AM said...

As soon as I paid for the conference I went shopping for clothes! Lol.

Cocktail party is done. Found myself a suit - pants and jacket set. Need to find a couple of blouses/tops. Nice skirt for dinner, but no top to wear with it. Have to work on the rest...

Anita Joy on May 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM said...

Wowzers Mon you're good! My wardrobe is going to need a Trinny and Susannah going over I think, lol.

Monique Wood on May 3, 2009 at 6:14 PM said...

I am sooooo going to go all Trinny and Susannah on you. Just wait, woman!! Lol.

Natasha on May 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM said...

Hi Anita,

I'll only be attending the workshop friday and the saturday and sunday conference. When i attended in 2006 I wore comfortable clothes, but clothes that are me. Saying that, I always wear high heels because i'm a heel fanatic. Acutally, I only have one pair of flat shoes...

So where what's comfortable for you. The picies from the arabian night should be great. I look forward to seeing them!

Anita Joy on May 4, 2009 at 2:16 PM said...

Hey Natasha, shame you can't make any of the evening events. They sound like fun (this is my first conference).

I envy you your high heels. I'm the opposite, I probably only own one pair of high heels - and anyone watching me walk in them would understand why, lol!

I plan to post fancy dress photos on my blog after the big event, so stay tuned.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare