Jun 17, 2009

Brain Food

Posted by AJ Blythe at Wednesday, June 17, 2009

At my son's school they have 3 meal breaks during the day. The new one from my schooling days is the 'Brain Food' break. After about 1 hour of school they break to eat a piece of fresh fruit or vegetable - to get their brains working for the day ahead.

It made me think, when I am sitting at my computer staring at the screen and no words are appearing, do I need a Brain Food break too?

Would a carrot, celery stick or banana really get the words to start flowing?

I guess I'll have to experiment. What gets my brain to work?

Have you found a food that just gets your brain to function?

I have a suspicion that while celery or an apple might be better for me, the comfort of chocolate might really be the trigger *wink*.

7 comments:

Monique Wood on June 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM said...

What a great concept! Do you know if your school has some sort of written material regarding the program, because I might suggest it to the principal?

Anyway, yep, you need some brain food to keep you going. Unfortunately I've resorted to chocolate, which only gives you a quick buzz. Maybe a plate of chopped fruit and vegies next to the computer is best?

Anita Joy on June 17, 2009 at 4:25 PM said...

P&C meeting this week so I'll ask.

Chocolate has certainly produced zero words for me this week, so maybe the plate of fresh produce will have more success next week.

Shayne Collier on June 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM said...

Brain food sounds good when you're sitting at a computer with a blank screen, but I'd rather go the hot chips! Bummer for my bum.

Anita Joy on June 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM said...

Oh yeh Shayne lol. Chocolate seems to have had the same effect for me.

Nicky on June 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM said...

I've known of schools that do that. Good idea!

For me, the foods of choice are gummi bears, red frogs (is there a pattern here?) or nuts - currently the nut of choice brazil. A small bowl of them sit by me.

Kerri Williams writer of romance on June 21, 2009 at 2:15 PM said...

chocky is my brain food for sure. lol.
good luck with the pitch and cant wait to meet you at conf
kez

Anita Joy on June 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM said...

Nicky - a bowl at my elbow would be deadly to my waist!

Kerri - I'm such a choccy girl too. And as for the conference, it is going to be so awesome to meet everyone!

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare