Jun 21, 2009

Procrastination

Posted by AJ Blythe at Sunday, June 21, 2009

I've had a really busy, exhausting week. I should be taking this moment on a Sunday night, where the commitments of one week are over, and the next yet to begin, to add to my lagging word count.

But instead I'm writing this blog. I'm procrastinating.
Why?

Because I'm tired, I'm sick of concentrating, reluctant to face another blank page... my list of excuses could go on and on.

Wikipedia defines procrastination as:
a behaviour which is characterised by deferment of actions or tasks to a later time.

Yep. That's me to a tee tonight.

Wikipedia goes on to state that:
Psychology researchers also have three criteria they use to categorise procrastination. For a behavior to be classified as procrastination, it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying.

Let me see.
Uhuh, I can definitely tick all three boxes.
No doubt about it, I'm using my blog to procrastinate.

What do you do to procrastinate?

Writing about it has certainly cranked up the guilt levels. I'd better get back to it. I think Nike got it right:

2 comments:

Eleni Konstantine on June 22, 2009 at 7:50 PM said...

When you've had an exhausting week, sometimes taking a break is just what you need. In your case it happens to be a blog post. You may think it procrastination, but it is making you think about your writing, so it's not counterproductive.

I think everyone procrastinates. For me I think it's paperwork and clearing out my study. Eeeek! But I find even small snippets of time better than nothing.

Anita Joy on June 22, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

Lol Eleni, I did consider cleaning my study, but after a look at it, decided I needed to procrastinate from that as well (it's being used as a storage room while we renovate. I pretty much have to hop, skip and jump to get to the pooter).

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare