Jul 14, 2009

Always look on the bright side of life....

Posted by AJ Blythe at Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Monty Python summed it up beautifully.

It seems that just when I think I have my life as organised as it possibly can be with a young family, that curve ball comes rocketing through and everything goes out the window.

My writing has slowed (okay, if I'm going to be honest it is more of a stop then slow) but not because I don't want to be writing. It is constantly on my mind, my ms, my characters, my word count...

I feel guilty because you hear so often how 'if you want to write you'll find the time'. The reality is there is only so much you can do in a day. And it is made that much more difficult not being published - my writing is the career I want, but until it is my career, I can't make it my priority. Until then my young family, my husband, the house renovations etc etc all require my time with no excuse. And trust me, after sitting up half the night with sick children, dealing with tradesmen, kids, paperwork, housework etc - and trying to sneak in a few minutes with hubby, there is no time left.

I know I will eventually find the time. The renovations will one day be finished, the kids will get older, life will get more organised...

And if I look at the things taking my time, I shouldn't feel guilt or frustration: my beautiful children, my wonderful husband, the work making our house our home - you always need to look at the bright side of life!

9 comments:

Shayne Collier on July 15, 2009 at 7:13 AM said...

Anita,
Life. You just summed it up. And there's the guilt that comes with being a mum.
Shayne

Sandie Hudson on July 15, 2009 at 11:01 AM said...

Anita, you have nothing to feel guilty about. You have a young family, and I' a great believer in family comes first. Your writing will always be there, but your kids grow up fast enjoy them first and fit your writing in where you can. JMHO.

Anita Joy on July 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM said...

Thanks Shayne and Sandie. Struggling a bit at the moment (as you can probably tell by my post, lol). Glad to have such a great group for support *hugs*.

Monique Wood on July 15, 2009 at 12:26 PM said...

Hear you loud and clear, my dear. I agree with the other girls as well, but it's very hard not to feel that way.

Big hugs, and remember your CP is with you all the way :-)

Eric on July 15, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Anita, You’re not allowed to, nor should you, feel guilt for being yourself. Lets summarize the current dilemma as a writer on sabbatical researching life skills for a future novel. The novel will prove all the stronger for the experience you’re gaining. We can wait to read. The wait will be worth it. ---- Eric

Anita Joy on July 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM said...

Mon - couldn't survive this journey without my CP. Thank you.

Anita Joy on July 15, 2009 at 9:09 PM said...

Eric, that is a really wonderful way of looking at it. Thank you for shining the light.

Eleni Konstantine on July 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM said...

I agree Monty Python summed it up well, didn't they. Don't feel guilty for having to prioritise your life. You are creating a wonderful home and family & that is so very important. Like you said, the renovations will end soon and there's one less thing you will have to deal with. So put the writing on the back burner, it will be there when you're ready. Hugs.

Anita Joy on July 18, 2009 at 6:05 PM said...

Thanks Eleni. Like I said earlier, I really appreciate everyone's support and understanding.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare