Sep 20, 2009

12 months on...

Posted by AJ Blythe at Sunday, September 20, 2009

It has been one year since I decided to get serious about my writing. I'd lost my day job, and with little chance of finding another that would allow me to work around being a full-time mum, my husband and I agreed this was the time to put my writing first.

To get the ball rolling and just see whether 'published author' was a pie in the sky fantasy, I entered RWA's High 5 competition - for unpublished category writers. Turns out my entry seemed to have a good plot idea, great voice and a lot of potential.

Today I was having a bit of a 'down' day with my writing. So I dug out that entry (a different ms to the one I'm working on now), and reread those 5 pages. What a great pick-me-up to realise maybe my writing isn't as good as it is going to be, but it is certainly better than what it was.

1 comments:

Erin on September 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM said...

Anita, Sorry I missed this entry, as I also missed your important anniversary. I guess I’m a romantic; I love to read warm stories that lead me to a happy ending. --- Let me see; we have a heroine, with a secret dream, living in a supporting environment. A boss who doesn’t fully appreciate her but… she has more. Work wasn’t the destination, like her boss thought; it was just a paragraph, a piece of the journey. The happy ending is just around the next few corners. I can feel this, like her supportive hero can. And, her children are in love with the sound of Author next to their mummies name. ------ A Promise: You publish them. I’ll buy them. ---- Erin

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare