Oct 18, 2009

My Blog's 1st Birthday

Posted by AJ Blythe at Sunday, October 18, 2009

I can't believe it. It's been a whole year since I started my blog.

When I started I didn't really have a goal, but after I did Susan Meier's goal setting workshops I decided I would blog once a week on my writing experiences and how I was meeting my goals.

I haven't done too badly, having blogged 51 times already this year. Some weeks slide by without a posting, while for others I keep my blog quite busy.

So how are my goals going? Well, I can tick the boxes for the following:
- enter First Kiss competition
- enter Valerie Parv Awards
- attend RWA conference
- pitch at conference
- enter High 5 competition

It's very rewarding knowing I met my goals for the first 9 months of the year.

The last few months of the year are a different story. I was lucky enough to have a successful pitch, and get a request for a partial - with the added requirement of starting the story further on. So my focus has been on rewriting and editing my submission, getting it to shine. So it's not so much I won't meet my goals, more the goal posts have just shifted


So this is my new list for the downhill run to Christmas:
- enter Emerald competition
- submit partial to Mills and Boon

I can't wait to see what the next year brings - and don't worry, you'll read all about it on my blog.

8 comments:

Nicky on October 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM said...

Congratulations Anita on your milestone!

Further congratulations on being able to tick off your list of accomplished goals too! You have been very busy.

Hope the revisions are going well for you.

Anita Joy on October 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM said...

Thanks Nicky :o)

Having up days and down days with the revisions, lol. You know how it is.

Erin on October 19, 2009 at 11:27 PM said...

Anita, One day at a time is the only way to the destination. Every step brings those goals a little closer ---- Happy Birthday.

Mon on October 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM said...

Happy Birthday, Anita's Blog!!

So glad you're having a cracker of a year, AJ. You've worked hard to get where you are now.

Big hugs,
:-) Mon

Eleni Konstantine on October 21, 2009 at 2:29 AM said...

Happy 1st year for Musings of a Writer!!! Congrats Anita.

Shayne on October 23, 2009 at 11:07 AM said...

Hi Anita
Sorry it's taken so long to get to your blog. All this is wonderful news. Youi deserve to have a wonderful successful 2010!

Shayne

suzilove on October 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

Anita,
Happy birthday to your blog and congratulations on meeting do many goals in such a short time.
You're amazing!
good luck with your Emerald submission for next month,
Suzi

Anita Joy on October 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM said...

Thanks Erin, Mon, Suz, Eleni and Shayne for your well wishes :o)

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare