Jan 25, 2010

Is my BUT too big?

Posted by AJ Blythe at Monday, January 25, 2010

I had planned to blog about something completely different today. But you know what they say about the best laid plans and all that.

What changed my mind was reading Nathan Bransford's blog on January 21st. His guest blogger, Jon Gibbs told the story of his Gran:

Never shy about giving people the benefit of her opinion (whether it was asked for or not) my old gran was always telling someone their ‘but’ was too big.

On the face of it, that seems a little rude, even for my old gran, but she wasn’t talking about pants’ sizes. She was referring to those built-in excuses we like to keep handy, in case our sub-conscious starts prompting us to chase our dreams
.

It got me thinking about my big but (and not the one I sit on *grin*).
But I don't have time.

A new goal for 2010... to lose my but!!!

To this end, I'm going to start a "My Excuse Monday" column, poking fun at the but in all of us. To get "My Excuse Monday" started here are the first two excuses:Reprinted with permission from Sam Morrison

2 comments:

Sandie Hudson on January 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM said...

Anita, what a great idea for a post. I'll look forward to all your but excuses.

Anita Joy on January 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM said...

Thanks Sandie :)

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare