Jan 28, 2010

Storytelling: The Gruffalo

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, January 28, 2010

A mouse took a stroll through the deep, dark wood...

My kids love the book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson. Okay, I confess, I do to. The storytelling is superb. When I found out it was now a stage production, I got a little excited. When I found out it had sell out seasons on West End and Broadway, had become a musical and was still aimed at children, I was very excited.


So the kids and I went and saw The Gruffalo.














Tamlyn Henderson, Stephen Anderson and Crystal Hegedis in The Gruffalo

Oh... my... gosh... I LOVED it. It was brilliant. There were 3 actors in total, sharing the roles of mouse, fox, owl, snake, the gruffalo and story teller.

It was funny (for both adults and the littlies), clever, simple (not scary) and just plain charmed the socks off everyone in the audience.

Oh, and my kids had a ball - they want to see it again.

Now the Winner 2009 Sydney Theatre Award: Best Production for Children, my recommendation is take the kids and see it when it's in your area. And if you don't have kids? Beg, borrow or steal some. It's worth it!

2 comments:

Rachael Johns on January 31, 2010 at 10:35 PM said...

Oh my gosh - THE GRUFFOLO ON STAGE? I bet is isn't coming to Perth :(
We LOVE that book too!

Anita Joy on February 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM said...

Rach, so sorry m'dear, I think it is going everywhere 'cept WA and NT.

Maybe you can contact the production company and check
('cause it really is good) -> http://www.cdp.com.au/gruffalo.html

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare