Feb 18, 2010

Read and Re-Read

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, February 18, 2010


I recently read a blog where the author stated the worst crime over summer was for someone to say they re-read a book. What the...? Apparently, to re-read is to admit to being arrogant, narrow-minded or dim.

Well, I guess I must be all three.

I love to re-read. To slip into a worn favourite is like slipping on your old slippers. Cosy, warm and comfortable. I have books I have been re-reading for over 20 years - and I'm still not tired of them.

When I'm published I love to think that there might be readers out there who want to re-read my work. That would be the ultimate compliment.

4 comments:

Shayne on February 20, 2010 at 2:11 PM said...

Hi Anita
Why wouldn't you re-read? My memory is so bad that I find it educational to return to a book I read some years ago - I discover new things I'd missed the first time around. My youngest daughter re-reads the books she loves all the time.

I can't understand why that blogger made those comments.

I hope it's not someone you know!

Shayne

Anita Joy on February 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM said...

No Shayne, no-one I know (thank goodness)! It was at Books Blog
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2007/jul/03/whyrereadingisacrime).

Anonymous said...

Oh blechh...Rereading is one of the true pleasures in life. Heck, I've got books I've read more than 20 times e.g. Georgette Heyers, JD Robb's etc.

What a silly comment to make. That person needs a blat on the head with the Oxford Dictionary.

Anita Joy on March 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM said...

I couldn't agree more!!

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare