Mar 18, 2010

I'm going to Conference!

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, March 18, 2010

I've registered for the 2010 RWA conference, Sun, Surf & Sizzle. WooHoo!!

The line-up is great, and like last year, I had to mull over the sessions to decide what to choose. There are awesome sessions on offer, including two with Debra Dixon - Goal Motivation Conflict & Characterisation.

And of course the Harlequin Cocktail Party. This year the theme is Fantasy Island. Okay, I have to admit this has left me a little puzzled. I've found out it was a TV show, but I've never seen it, and know absolutely nothing about it. But I think the idea is to come as your fantasy. I have the twinkling of an idea, but can see some research coming up before I can be certain it is a goer - I'll leave that for a future blog.

I can't wait for conference :)

10 comments:

Erin on March 18, 2010 at 10:15 AM said...

Happy trip, happy conference. Let me (try to) help. ---- http://www.mahalo.com/stub/fantasy-island --- Erin

Anita Joy on March 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM said...

Thanks Erin. Off to check it out now...

Shayne on March 18, 2010 at 9:00 PM said...

Hi Anita,
I've paid but I haven't sent off my preferences.

It should be fun and I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

And as for choosing a fantasy... I'm so bad at fancy dress anyway. I might just come as a packet of Tim Tams or Deborra-Lee-Furness (don't tell Mon).

Shayne

Rachael Johns on March 19, 2010 at 12:32 AM said...

I think I'm gonna come as my fantasy - I'm gonna buy myself a flash new pair of PJs and some lush slippers!! My fantasy is to be a published author and to be able to stay at home in my pjs ALL day!

Anita Joy on March 19, 2010 at 6:40 AM said...

Shayne, coming as a timtam to a room full of romance writers is a very brave thing to contemplate indeed ;)

Now, send off those preferences!

Anita Joy on March 19, 2010 at 6:40 AM said...

Shayne, coming as a timtam to a room full of romance writers is a very brave thing to contemplate indeed ;)

Now, send off those preferences!

Anita Joy on March 19, 2010 at 6:43 AM said...

'Rach, that is so perfect. And at the end of the night, you're all ready just to climb into bed!

But you might need to rethink m'dear, 'cause I don't think that is going to be your fantasy for much longer...

Eleni Konstantine on March 21, 2010 at 10:10 PM said...

Oh dear - Fantasy Island was one THE shows I watched as a kid. Enjoy coming up with a costume. :)

Anita Joy on March 22, 2010 at 12:18 AM said...

Lol Eleni. You should have no troubles with your costume then I'll expect something spectacular.

I was brought up on a diet of BBC shows like To the Manor Born, All Creatures Great and Small and Porridge. So I'm guessing Fantasy Island was American?

Cathryn Brunet on March 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM said...

See you there, Anita!

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare