Aug 12, 2010

Post in Absence

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, August 12, 2010
Today heralds the first day of the annual Romance Writers of Australia conference. Unfortunately, it's published author's day today - so that counts me out. Maybe next year.....

But tonight is the e-list dinner, where those of us attending conference who are on the RWA Romaus e-loop get together so we can chat face-to-face, often for the first time. So tonight it will really feel like conference is starting. Then tomorrow it begins. I can't wait.

It's actually going to be a busy conference, because I have organised the First Time Conference Attendee's program, and am helping with the Silver Lunch fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer.

Highlights to look forward to are hard to pick, but I think Deb Dixon's GMC/Heroes Journey workshop, the Harlequin cocktail party (because I love my costume) and the awards dinner where I'm nominated for the Lynne Wilding Award (for meritorious service) probably have the edge.

It goes without saying catching up with all my writing friends and being immersed for a weekend with other romance writers is also very exciting.

Next week I'll report back on how I found RWA's 2010 Sun, Surf and Sizzle conference. I'm sure I'll have loved every minute.

1 comments:

Erin on August 12, 2010 at 8:46 AM said...

Anita, I’m hoping ‘your’ weekend produces the nicest memories and produces lots of lovelies for your bookshelf and resume. (Break a leg.) ---- Erin

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare