Sep 9, 2010

Writing Goals - How did I go?

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, September 09, 2010
It's that time of year again where I look back over my goals for the last year. Making myself accountable sure helps with the incentive of meeting them. So here goes:

1. Sub partial - Done, rejected.
2. Finish revised ms - Done, rewrote ending a third time, now in metaphorical bin.
3. Enter High 5 - Done.
4. Enter Emerald - Done.
5. Apply 5DI - Applied, accepted and participated.
6. Enter First Kiss - Done.
7. Write next ms - Started but on hold due to 5DI mentoring.
8. Enter VPA with 2 mss - Only entered 1, but second ms started.
9. Enter an American contest - Entered The Gotcha! contest.
10. Attend and pitch at conference - Attended conference, didn't pitch because of my change in direction post-5DI (although ended up doing a pitch I didn't even know I was doing - but that's for another blog post).

Reviewing my goals I'm quite proud of what I have achieved. Okay, so it isn't perfect, but I think I've done really well in meeting what I had set. And I can honestly say, every point on my goal list has helped improve my writing and move me along my writing journey - what more do you want?

Now to set my goals for this year (check out next week's blog to see my 2010/11 list).

2 comments:

Eleni Konstantine on September 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM said...

Well done in pursuing your goals and doing the best for your writing!!

Anita Joy on September 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM said...

Thanks, Eleni. Focussing on goals really gives me direction - and incentive to keep at it :)

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare