Jan 27, 2011

Moving the Goal Posts

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, January 27, 2011
Every September I set my goals for the writing year. So far I have done everything I needed for the first 6 months. But now I'm moving the goal posts. I'm no longer going to enter the First Kiss with two manuscripts, in fact, I'm not going to enter it with any. This is because I have made the decision to be more selective with my contests, eg picking contests with finals judges I'd like to get my ms in front of. I think I'll have to put a lot of thought into my 2011/12 goals!

7 comments:

Julia B on January 27, 2011 at 12:14 PM said...

That's brilliant! It's always good to know when it's time to start looking at the bigger picture. You're right, when one competition helps your career progression, and the other is just nice, focus your energy where it does the most good. Great start to the new year! :-)

Anita Joy on January 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM said...

Thanks, Julia *grin*. Now I just have to start finalling to make the decision worthwhile, lol.

Shayne on January 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM said...

Hi Anita,
Because you're across everything, you'd have a good idea about the contests that can be the most useful. There might be a post in that?
Good luck with your goals.

Rachael Johns on January 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM said...

Good idea - I don't think I'll enter either. Unless I miraculously write something in the next two weeks :)

Anita Joy on January 29, 2011 at 2:53 PM said...

Shayne, I can probably manage a post out of that .

Rach, we can both not enter together, lol. Have until April for VPA so you might be right for that one?!

Catherine on February 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM said...

Oh, hey, two FK entrants bailing on me :-( That's no fair!

Anita Joy on February 2, 2011 at 8:45 PM said...

Sorry, Cath :(

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare