Mar 10, 2011

Dreaded Synopsis Time Again

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, March 10, 2011
I'm starting a new manuscript and have been in the early stages of planning. I'm about to embark on the next stage of my plotting process - the DREADED SYNOPSIS. I've decided it helps with my plotting, keeps me focussed on the hero and heroine and their conflicts, and to be honest, gets the icky bit over with so I can relax and enjoy the writing *grin*.

I just hope synopsis writing gets easier with practice, although I have a sneaking suspicion it doesn't. Just how difficult it is to write a synopsis is obvious by the software I found (see image). If they were easy people wouldn't have seen a market for the software. Mind you, if the software was that good I think it would be embraced and talked about in hushed and worshipping whispers everywhere.

I guess there is nothing for it but to dig in and write (with a good supply of chocolate at my elbow *grin*).

2 comments:

Shayne on March 10, 2011 at 4:47 PM said...

Impossible. I hate 'em.

Anita Joy on March 10, 2011 at 5:17 PM said...

Shayne, I would be checking your temperature or finding you a padded cell if you thought anything different *wink*. Shame they are so criticial, hey.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare