Apr 14, 2011

Music... or Not

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, April 14, 2011
I create in silence, I analyse to noise.

This strange fact hit me this week while trying to write a major uni essay. It just wasn't working for me and I couldn't work out why. Then I thought back to my early uni days and realised I did all my study to music.

You see, in the time I have been writing romance I have learnt I work best when I listen to music before I start to write (for inspiration) but once I start to write I need quiet!

Yet to write an academic paper I listen to upbeat music while doing research, then music without lyrics (or I find myself singing) while writing the paper.

I guess it's that right brain/left brain thing again.


Research music example
 Academic writing music example
Creative writing inspiration music example

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare