Jun 30, 2011

Roaring 20s

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, June 30, 2011
This year the theme for the RWAus conference cocktail party is the Roaring 20s. I'm very excited as I love the fashions of the twenties - although I don't actually own any and am still yet to organise a costume for myself. I love the idea of going as a flapper, although I think there will be quite a few there!


But I'd happily go with a dress of the times, the funky hats they wore with them and a few sets of beads.

Don't know what they wore back then? Here is a still from a great movie set in the early 1920's "Thoroughly Modern Millie", and a sketch of one of the dresses worn by Julie Andrews during the film.





4 comments:

Rachael Johns on June 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM said...

I'm still to organise my costume too. Starting to stress a bit about it actually :(

Anita Joy on July 1, 2011 at 7:37 AM said...

Argh, I'm stressing too, Rach. Have hit about a dozen second hand shops but they only seem to go back to 'retro' - no vintage.

I'm sure we'll manage to scrape something together by then though, won't we?!?

Suzanne Brandyn on July 3, 2011 at 2:19 AM said...

Klu klux clan outfit is good. lol.. I almsot forgot about a costume, I will proably have feathers... or something. lol...

Anita Joy on July 3, 2011 at 6:43 PM said...

Lol, Suz. I hope those feathers are well placed *wink*. Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare