Jul 28, 2011

Melbourne in Winter - I Must Be Crazy!!

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, July 28, 2011
I don't do cold.

It's that simple. I spend my entire winter trying to get warm. Be that as it may I am going to Melbourne in winter. I must be crazy!! I'm not worried about being indoors (in fact, indoors in Melbourne is probably warmer than indoors in Brisbane as our houses are designed to stay cool in hot, humid summers - and also have no internal heating). It's the outdoor bits I'm worried about. Mind you, I can probably keep them to a mimimum. Even so...

I have stood looking at my wardrobe and am certain I don't have the right sort of clothes. I've never been to Melbourne so have no idea what others wear. Anyone got any suggestions on what I should pack?

4 comments:

Eleni Konstantine on July 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM said...

Hey Anita,

It's been a very chilly winter here in SA. I think if you had a thick jacket for outside, a scarf, gloves,maybe be a hat, and a brolly of course, you should be fine. Yes, sounds like a lot, but other than the jacket the rest are small items. Easy for luggage.

I went to Melbourne last year in September and these all came in handy. Oh and enclosed shoes. If it rains you don't want wet feet. :)

Hope that helps. Happy packing.

Anita Joy on July 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM said...

Thanks, Eleni. ooh, hadn't even thought about the rain! In Brissie we have dry winters.

Wet and cold... ooh, doesn't sound good.

Mon on August 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM said...

Thermal undies! Oh, and what EK said :-).

Have fun in Melb!

Shayne on August 1, 2011 at 12:43 PM said...

Scarf is a must. You need to keep your neck and head warm. Oh, and the rest.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare