Aug 4, 2011

Pitching At RWAus Conference

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, August 04, 2011
In 6 days I fly to Melbourne for RWAus conference where I am pitching. Even though this is my 3rd conference it will be my first official face-to-face pitch. In 2009 it was an e-pitch and last year I elected not to pitch as I had just completed 5DI (RWA's intensive 5 day mentoring program) a few weeks earlier and conference was much too close for me to be ready to pitch.

So far my experiences have been very positive. Following my pitch submission in 2009 I was asked for rewrites before getting the dreaded rejection, and in 2010 I ended up talking with an agent at the cocktail party and being given their card and a request to submit upon completion of my manuscript (so much for not pitching, lol).

But I think the reality of a formal face-to-face pitch is going to be very different. I'm going to the bonus Thursday pitching session - I'm hoping it will help to get me over the line.

Good luck to anyone else pitching next week!!

5 comments:

Rachael Johns on August 4, 2011 at 8:43 AM said...

Good luck Anita! I'm sure you'll do fabulously :)

Anita Joy on August 4, 2011 at 9:35 AM said...

Thanks, Rach :)

Shayne on August 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM said...

Good luck Anita. Wish I could be there.

Eleni Konstantine on August 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM said...

Good luck, Anita. I'm sure you will do great. Just be yourself.

Enid Wilson on August 10, 2011 at 6:13 PM said...

Bravo, Anita and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Chemical Fusion

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare