Aug 18, 2011

Post-RWAus Conference 2011

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, August 18, 2011
Me in my Roaring 20's costume for the cocktail party.
Conference is over for another year, and what a weekend it was. There are so many amazing moments from the weekend it is hard to pick my favourites. From a non-writerly perspective it was so nice getting all my meals prepared and cleaned up for me, my bed made and linen washed and no-one to concern myself about except me. Definitely the icing on the cake as far as the weekend was concerned.

One of the highlights was meeting all my cyber-writing friends in the flesh - whether it was the first time or catching up again. I also met some absolutely lovely people I hadn't known before conference, but am very glad I have now. This may be part of the reason I have returned home with no voice!

My brain is swirling with all the new information I'm trying to absorb from the sessions I went to. For the first time I didn't automatically go to all the craft sessions and so have taken away from conference a lot of new information on other aspects of writing (but I did buy 4 new craft books...).

Overall, I think I loved conference because, like everyone says, it's the chance to be in a room full of people who get you.

 See you all on the Gold Coast next year!

4 comments:

Rachael Johns on August 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM said...

Totally my reasons for loving conference too :) Am already counting down for Gold Coast. Hopefully next year we'll be able to catch up a bit more... that's the only problem with conf, there's not enough time to chat with EVERYONE you want to for long enough :(

Anita Joy on August 21, 2011 at 8:44 AM said...

I know, Rach!! What happened to the time? It just slipped away - next year we will have to make time to catch up for a good chat :)

Shayne on August 21, 2011 at 4:54 PM said...

omg, Anita in a frock!
You look amazing!

Anita Joy on August 23, 2011 at 5:46 PM said...

Lol, thanks, Shayne.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare