Aug 11, 2011

RWAus Conference 2011

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, August 11, 2011
Today is the official first day of my 2011 conference experience. Yippee!!

I actually arrived in Melbourne yesterday, but today it begins. I get to register, attend my first workshop session and start to catch up with all my writing buddies who spend most of the year existing only in the cyber world.

The workshop session is "Taking the terror out of pitching" (and if you read last week's post you'll know I'm really hoping this session will prepare me for my pitch).

I've chosen not to do the Warrior Writer workshop tomorrow (motivation I don't need - more hours in the day, yes... but I don't think the workshop will provide that, lol). The decision also stems from the fact that towards the end of conference my brain starts to fry - am hoping that this will help me pace myself. I am doing the slush pile session though, and of course tomorrow night is the cocktail party (which I am looking forward to).

Then the Sat/Sun workshops (and that was a difficult choice when deciding between sessions) and of course the awards dinner Sunday night.

This is also the first year I have stayed at the conference hotel (very exciting) and I hope this will make things a little more relaxing.

Before I know it conference will be over for another year, but I intend on enjoying every moment of this one!

2 comments:

Jess Anastasi on August 11, 2011 at 9:56 PM said...

OMG I had so much fun today! I'm sure you did too. So much to do and the day went by so fast. I'm sure the rest of the weekend will too. Good luck with your pitch and the slush pile workshop, wish I was going to that one.

Anita Joy on August 16, 2011 at 7:13 PM said...

Hey Jess. I had an awesome conference - and it was so fab to meet you at last. Just wish I'd had more time to chat with you, but the time jsut flew by (and I always seemed to rushing).

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare