Aug 25, 2011

Writing Goals

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, August 25, 2011
September looms and with it the start of another writing year.

For the year just gone I didn't achieve all I set out to - but sometimes life throws curveballs you just don't expect. Even so, taking into account those curveballs, I am happy with what I have done. I entered 3 contests, submitted to Harlequin, completed a manuscript and started another. Not bad for a year with more ups and downs than a frog with hiccups.

What for the year ahead? The next twelve months are already shaping up to have a number of life challenges, but even so I'm determined to keep my writing steaming ahead. I may be reaching for the stars but I'm going to do my darndest to get them:
  • complete my wip (#1) and write a second manuscript (#2)
  • enter #1 in at least four Aussie contests
  • enter #2 in one contest
  • enter #1 in at least one US contest
  • submit #1
  • attend conference and pitch #2
In addition, should Harlequin run SYTYCW or Mills and Boon another New Voices I'll join in.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

5 comments:

Rachael Johns on August 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM said...

Great goals Anita! I find it's a good idea knowing WHERE you want to go because then you're more likely to get there. If I set word count goals I don't ALWAYS make them but I usually write a lot more than I would have without the goal :)

Enid Wilson on August 25, 2011 at 8:09 PM said...

Bravo, Anita! Very targetted goals. I have 2 in my mind, 2 ms for 2 books.

Every Savage Can Reproduce

Anita Joy on August 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM said...

Oh, I agree, Rach. Since I started making goals I get so much further along than I used to. I make myself do it every year now.

Anita Joy on August 28, 2011 at 5:48 PM said...

2 books will be a great result, Enid. Good luck!

Shayne on August 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM said...

Hi Anita
I tried to send you a response from my phone last week but it failed.

As you know, I admire you and your work. As an admirer I also copy your goals. I better get cracking!

Merci Beaucoup!
Shayne

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare