Jan 19, 2012

Believe in Yourself

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, January 19, 2012
As I said last week, I've taken the leap and sent my submission into Mills and Boon. Now for the hard bit... waiting! I am terrible at waiting (as I have said many times before). It's impossible to not think about it. In fact, the more I try not to think about it the more it seems to weigh on me.  The anything-but-a-rejection high versus the what-was-I-thinking low.

The only thing I do know is regardless of the outcome I am not going to give up. After all, imagine if these people had:

Harry Potter was rejected 8 times.
The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was rejected 104 times.
Stephen King’s Carrie was rejected 30 times.
Frank Herbert’s Dune was rejected 23 times.
Gone With the Wind was rejected 38 times.
Jonathan Livingston Seagull was rejected 18 times.
Watership Down was rejected 38 times.
M*A*S*H was rejected 17 times.
The Diary of Anne Frank was rejected 16 times.
Anne of Green Gables was rejected 4 times.
Catch-22 was rejected 21 times.
Chicken Soup for the Soul was rejected 140 times.
Twilight was rejected 14 times.

4 comments:

Rachael Johns on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM said...

Oh Anita - I don't know how but I must have missed your post about subbing!! Well done you and this post is a brilliant reminder of having a little faith in what you do. Thanks. I needed it too. x

Rachael Johns on January 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM said...

PS. I thought I was following you on Twitter but I can't FIND you!! Help!

Shayne on January 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM said...

good luck!

Kerri Williams on January 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM said...

Well said Anita. I'm sure you'll be fine!
Kez

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare