Apr 12, 2012

A to Z Challenge: K

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, April 12, 2012
K is for King Brown, Kookaburra and Koala

The king brown is a large snake, growing to 3m/9.8'.  It is found in most parts of the country and feeds on lizards, birds, frogs and small mammals. The king brown is one of Australia's venemous snakes (the 20th most venemous in the world - of which Australia has the top 11, and 20 of the top 25).

Kookaburras are a large species of kingfisher notable by the fact their call resembles laughter.

The koala is one of Australia's most well recognised animals. Often incorrectly referred to as koala bears (no relation to a bear) they are a tree dwelling marsupial that feeds on gum leaves (eucalypts).

4 comments:

Francene on April 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM said...

Your post brings back memories of the land of my birth. I left Australia in 1987 and have returned five times to visit my family. Lovely land of sunshine and dreams. ;-)

And now ...

Heading: Lucky 7 MEME

I apologize beforehand, but 'you have been tagged'. After being tagged three times, I figured I should get organized and post my results.
This Lucky 7 Meme seems to be contagious... and spreading.
So now it's your turn to share the fun.
First off, an explanation of what it's all about... Each author is requested to
*go to page 77 of your current WIP
*go to line 7
*copy down the next 7 lines/sentences as written and post them on your blog or website
*tag 7 other authors
*let them know they've been tagged


I have posted on my blog: http://Francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com
And now you have been tagged too.
Thanks.
Francene.

Cathy on April 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM said...

Hi Anita Joy, stopping by from the A-Z and happy to meet you! I'm also hoping to be the next new Harlequin author. ;)

Glad to be a follower. It was fun to hear the sounds of a Kookaburra!

Anita Joy on April 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM said...

Sorry for the lag in replying, Francene. School term started back and chaos reigned!

Thanks for the tag :) I'll do my 'lucky 7' as soon as I finish my A-Z (just not enough hors in the day).

Anita Joy on April 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM said...

Hi Cathy, lovely to meet another aiming for Harlequin :) What line are you targetting?

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare