May 10, 2012

My Celebration - Idea #1

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, May 10, 2012
A few weeks (months?) ago I blogged about how to celebrate publication of a book and questioned what I could do to celebrate (when that day arrives *grin*).

One option I've thought of is to celebrate using the same theme as that for wedding anniversaries - after all, these will be just as important milestones for me. Why use them? Well, I like the variety each one will bring, and the flexibility to twist the theme into something I want.

I've made a list of the anniversaries (the one I have goes up to the 60th - okay, maybe a little optinistic) but I have had to meld the traditional and the modern, as the traditional doesn't cover every single year.

To give you some idea this is what my list looks like:

Book 1 - paper (a framed copy of my first ever book cover)
Book 2 - cotton (clothing or sheets - depends on time of year)
Book 3 - leather (handbag)
Book 4 - Flowers (natch - big bunch!)
and so it goes on through wood, candy, wool, bronze, pottery, tin... finishing with diamond at 60.

I think this idea could be fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare