May 31, 2012

Rejection Reflection

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, May 31, 2012
My Harlequin submission is now a rejection. Ce lest vie.

However much a rejection stings (and it does) I've tried to be positive and focus on the fact it wasn't a standard rejection. I got feedback (!), which everyone knows makes for a positive rejection - if there can be such a thing.

In fact, to quote Harlequin:

...your style and voice show potential. You have a wonderfully intense, powerful voice – your heroine’s grief and stress really shone out on the page!

How can I not be thrilled with that

Apparently it was the plot they weren't so taken with. And that's okay - it changes with every story. My voice, well I'm stuck with that *grin*.

So now I'll move onto my next story. And keep my fingers crossed for next time.

6 comments:

Rachael Johns on May 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM said...

CONGRATS Anita! Yes, congrats - because you are SO right!! Voice is GOLD. x Rach!

Charlotte Sannazzaro on May 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM said...

That certainly is wonderful feedback. With my last round of submissions I only got form replies. Take heart, and soldier on!

Anita Joy on June 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM said...

Oh, thanks, Rach. I've set some new goals, and last night registered to pitch at conference, so onwards and upwards :)

Anita Joy on June 1, 2012 at 8:26 AM said...

It's such a hard road to follow, isn't it, Charlotte. But we obviously love what we do and are determined to get there - or we'd be sobbing in the corner right now and giving up.

Sounds like we are soldiering on together. Good luck with your current wip. Hope it knocks their socks off when you next sub.

Eleni Konstantine on June 2, 2012 at 2:48 AM said...

:( for the rejection but :) for loving your voice. That's the best feedback. Onward, my friend, onward....

Anita Joy on June 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM said...

Eleni, thank you :) It *is* fabulous feedback and I'll hold onto that as I keep writing.

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare