Jan 10, 2013

My 2013 goals

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, January 10, 2013
Last week I talked about my writing goals, which really had nothing to do with the fact it is the beginning of the year and everything to do with the fact the dramas of the last 6 months are over.

Now normally I don't do New Year Resolutions, but Heckle decided the family needed to sit down and each set some for 2013. So we did. We wrote them and then shared them. The Hub has resolved to do more outdoor family activities (like camping), Jeckle wants to play everyday with his big brother, while Heckle wants to have a set daily routine (his mother's son *grin*) and improve his behaviour (which is actually pretty good anyway, but I wasn't going to dissuade him).

As for me, I was careful to set two resolutions I'm pretty sure I can meet without too much drama. The first was to spend more time having fun with my family. Not that I haven't but the last couple of years have been pretty full on, and I feel I haven't done as much with them as I have wanted to.

The second was to make time for me. Again, with the craziness of the last few years I've pushed myself to the bottom of the pile. 2013 is going to turn that around.

To be honest, it's been a few years of total chaos, finishing with a complete change of life for us in late 2012. But I really believe that change heralds the start of a much more peaceful time in our lives (and I am going to hang onto that belief for as long as I can!!). I guess only time will tell.

What about you? Did you set any resolutions for 2013?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare