Jul 25, 2013

Grand Designs

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, July 25, 2013
I love the show Grand Designs. Hosted by Kevin McCloud each episode follows a new residential build, or substantive renovation, and is set in the UK. I also watch the Australian version, and while I enjoy it immensely, I do enjoy the original more.

I think in part it is to do with Kevin's interviewing/hosting style - which is probably explained in this interview with Adam Hills (click here and go to about 42 mins, although there is a rather funny (unrelated) segment at about 20 minutes in).

I sit on my lounge at home and critique the houses and the approach of the owners and decide what I would do (or not do) if that was my place. Apparently a lot of people sit at home and drink while they watch (there's actually a drinking game based around the show) - but I have enough fun without the drinks.

The cartoon below was published in the local paper this week and it tickled my funny bone. It also made me wonder... Does anyone know if there is going to be a 13th series?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare