Jan 15, 2015

Unconventional Writing Craft

Posted by AJ Blythe at Thursday, January 15, 2015
I've enrolled in a year of tertiary study to help my writing. Not unusual, but I'm not doing a traditional "writing 101" type course. Uhuh. Not me. I'm going to be studying biometrics.

This course will provide practical training in biometric recognition. Biometrics are biological or behavioural characteristics that can be used for identification or verification purposes.

As in most cozy mysteries my protaganist has a connection with someone 'in the know' from whom she can weasel out extra information. In the case of my story, that person is a CSI. So I want to make sure I know what I am writing about.

During this course I'll learn things like face, fingerprint, iris and voice biometric technologies, court procedures and forensic digital imaging.

I can't wait to start.

Have you ever done anything to help make your writing more realistic? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare