Jul 24, 2015

Read All Night... Almost

Posted by AJ Blythe at Friday, July 24, 2015
It's been a long time since I had a book I couldn't put down - and actually had the time to keep reading. Usually when I know I have a book I'll want to devour in one sitting I put it to one side to save it for a time when I can do just that. I guess that's why I have some books from favourite authors that have been gathering dust for years.

Recently I made a decision to start making changes to my life and get things back in balance. Less work, more time for family and play (and writing!).

So last night I picked up one of those books I've been saving up. I chose The Hunger Games. I've been wanting to read them forever (I've had the trilogy since the last book came out). With my eldest Barbarian almost at an age where he can read them I thought I'd better get to them first. And I want to see the movies but won't watch them until the books are read.

Totally. Loved. Book 1. Couldn't put it down (as I hoped) and forced myself to switch the bed light off at 1am. I'm well into book 2 now and I know it will be another late reading session for me tonight. At least it's Friday so it doesn't matter when I turn the light off.

When was the last time you had a book you couldn't put down? Please share the details of the book because I love finding new books to read.

4 comments:

Colin Smith on July 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM said...

I really enjoyed THE HUNGER GAMES, and CATCHING FIRE was good, but MOCKINGJAY was probably my least favorite. But you make up your own mind!

Gary Corby's novels usually keep me turning pages. The last novel I remember reading well past lights-out was CRESS, the third book in Marissa Meyers' Lunar Chronicles series. All of these books are fantastic, and I highly recommend them. The fourth and final installment comes out in November, I believe.

AJ Blythe on July 25, 2015 at 10:34 AM said...

Oh, gosh, Colin, you have me worried now, lol. I hope MOCKINGJAY ends the way I will need it to! I'll let you know what I think.

I have read the first of Gary's books and I have others on my kindle to read (although I think I still need to get the latest). So on the same page with you there.

But I haven't read Marissa Meyers (but have heard of the Lunar Chronicles) so will add her to my 'must buy' list. Actually, just went and checked her web page and I can read the first 5 chaps of book 1 for free, so will do that (and can just see me buying the rest of the books when I need to turn to chap 6 *grin*).

Books are my biggest weakness!

AJ Blythe on July 28, 2015 at 2:26 PM said...

Colin, sadly I've found I have to agree with you about The Hunger Games series. #1 was definitely my favourite, and #3 my least favourite =(

Colin Smith on July 31, 2015 at 7:33 AM said...

I was a bit disappointed too, AJ. The HG series started so strong. I hope you enjoy The Lunar Chronicles. :)

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare