Jan 23, 2016

Pomodoro

Posted by AJ Blythe at Saturday, January 23, 2016
For a number of years now I've worked out the best way for me to write is in short bursts. I try and do 45 minutes BIC (bum in chair) then 15 minutes away from writing - preferably out of the chair. As there is always housework to be done I'll often do that for the break. And lets be honest, knowing it's only 15 minutes of housework makes it tolerable *grin*.

The other day I was reading another blog (sadly I now can't remember which one) and the author talked about how the Pomodoro technique had really helped their writing efficiency. Intrigued I looked into it and discovered I had been Pomodoring all this time!

Developed by Francesco Cirillo the Podomoro technique is essentially a time management skill where a timer is used to focus work into short sprints (his method recommends 25 minutes) followed by a short break. He called it Podomoro after a tomato-shaped timer he used to time his work.

For me this technique works brilliantly. I can stay focused for 45 minutes knowing I get a break after that - and the deadline pushes me to have something to show for it.

Have you hear of the Podomoro technique? Does it work for you or are you willing to give it a try? I'd love to hear others experiences with it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

AJ Blythe's Cozies Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare