For the year just gone I didn't achieve all I set out to - but sometimes life throws curveballs you just don't expect. Even so, taking into account those curveballs, I am happy with what I have done. I entered 3 contests, submitted to Harlequin, completed a manuscript and started another. Not bad for a year with more ups and downs than a frog with hiccups.
What for the year ahead? The next twelve months are already shaping up to have a number of life challenges, but even so I'm determined to keep my writing steaming ahead. I may be reaching for the stars but I'm going to do my darndest to get them:
- complete my wip (#1) and write a second manuscript (#2)
- enter #1 in at least four Aussie contests
- enter #2 in one contest
- enter #1 in at least one US contest
- submit #1
- attend conference and pitch #2
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

5 comments:
Great goals Anita! I find it's a good idea knowing WHERE you want to go because then you're more likely to get there. If I set word count goals I don't ALWAYS make them but I usually write a lot more than I would have without the goal :)
Bravo, Anita! Very targetted goals. I have 2 in my mind, 2 ms for 2 books.
Every Savage Can Reproduce
Oh, I agree, Rach. Since I started making goals I get so much further along than I used to. I make myself do it every year now.
2 books will be a great result, Enid. Good luck!
Hi Anita
I tried to send you a response from my phone last week but it failed.
As you know, I admire you and your work. As an admirer I also copy your goals. I better get cracking!
Merci Beaucoup!
Shayne
Post a Comment