
However much a rejection stings (and it does) I've tried to be positive and focus on the fact it wasn't a standard rejection. I got feedback (!), which everyone knows makes for a positive rejection - if there can be such a thing.
In fact, to quote Harlequin:
...your style and voice show potential. You have a wonderfully intense, powerful voice – your heroine’s grief and stress really shone out on the page!
How can I not be thrilled with that?
Apparently it was the plot they weren't so taken with. And that's okay - it changes with every story. My voice, well I'm stuck with that *grin*.
So now I'll move onto my next story. And keep my fingers crossed for next time.

6 comments:
CONGRATS Anita! Yes, congrats - because you are SO right!! Voice is GOLD. x Rach!
That certainly is wonderful feedback. With my last round of submissions I only got form replies. Take heart, and soldier on!
Oh, thanks, Rach. I've set some new goals, and last night registered to pitch at conference, so onwards and upwards :)
It's such a hard road to follow, isn't it, Charlotte. But we obviously love what we do and are determined to get there - or we'd be sobbing in the corner right now and giving up.
Sounds like we are soldiering on together. Good luck with your current wip. Hope it knocks their socks off when you next sub.
:( for the rejection but :) for loving your voice. That's the best feedback. Onward, my friend, onward....
Eleni, thank you :) It *is* fabulous feedback and I'll hold onto that as I keep writing.
Post a Comment